What is Ham Radio?
Ham Radio, also known as Amateur Radio, is a fun hobby enjoyed around the world by people of all ages, nationalities and backgrounds. Amateur Radio operators communicate freely using shortwave, local and internet-connected repeater systems, satellites, International Space Station and even moon bounce, using a variety of methods such as voice chat, modern high-speed digital data and even old-fashioned morse code. Some hams enjoy experimenting, building equipment and setting up their own stations, while others may simply pickup a handheld radio and start chatting with friends (and making new ones!). Read more here.
Amateur Radio Videos
How to Get Started in Amateur Radio
Here are some resources to help you get started:
- Contact an Amateur Radio club near you
- Attend an Amateur Radio license class
- Free online study at HamStudy.org
- Watch free online study videos
- Take an online course at HamTestOnline
- Purchase a book from W5YI or ARRL